St Patrick’s Day Recipes
The day of all green and everything Irish (17th March) Seeing that I am born and raised in Ireland. I am going to give you my top St Patrick’s day Recipes on food and drink.
The old traditional Irish stew where my mother usually cooks it and it has been going on for generations and this is made up of Lamb, potatoes, carrots and onions! A simple recipe a family will enjoy.
- 900g Lamb (cut into chunks)
- Potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 4 Carrots (chopped)
- 2 Onions (chopped into pieces)
- Get a large pot and fill it with water. broth optional (add potatoes and meat first)
- When Boiled then add onions and carrots
Cooking time should be around one hour but keep boiling it until the vegetables are well done.
Guinness Beef Stew
Some people never heard of Beef and Guinness Stew. I have seen it in Irish Pubs as part of their menu but very similar to Irish stew but with a difference. This meal is for two or three people but adds more ingredients if you are catering for a family or friends.
- 4lb of beef (chopped into meaty chunks)
- 1 big Onion (chopped into smaller pieces)
- Peel 1 or 2 big potatoes (chopped into smaller pieces)
- 2 carrots (chopped into smaller pieces)
- 1 clove a garlic chopped up
- set up the oven to medium heat and add olive oil into a pan
- Then add your onions for 4 Minutes (keep stirring in a large pot)
- Then add the beef (not fully cooked) but make sure you cook the beef with onions no more than 5 Minutes (keep stirring)
- Then add a little salt and pepper
- Then add your carrots and garlic (keep stirring)
- Then add two tablespoons of tomato paste (keep stirring no more than 5 minutes)
- Then add your Guinness. half a pint should do it (full boil to evaporate the alcohol)
- Then add 2 sprigs fresh thyme and parsley
- Then put in the oven for 2 half hours
So there you have it. That,s how Guinness beef stew is done 🙂
A Proper Electonic Stew Pot is IDEAL for This
The TONZE DGD22-22EG Healthy Smart 3 Ceramic Pot Electric Stew Pot, Slow Cooker Soup Maker, White, 2Qt/400W Offers a wonderful alternative in doing your stews. With a Digital LED display with working time reminder. Preset menus, easy time setting, and keep-warm mode. Convenient Cooking with Programmable Timer. Even those with a busy schedule can make mealtimes magical. you can even set it the night before–simply add ingredients to the inner pot(s) and refrigerate overnight. Then, before work in the morning, set the inner pot(s) insert into the heating base, secure the lid, turn it on, and set the programmable timer–the slow cooker takes care of the rest. After a slew of weekend errands or a long day at the office, dinner will be ready and waiting.
The slow cooker’s control panel makes programming practically foolproof. Cook Mode includes preset menus, as well as Time Up or Time Down options for setting the cooking time. It’s digitally displayed timer counts down the cooking time remaining, and the slow cooker automatically shifts over to a convenient keep-warm mode at the end of the cooking time, which allows food to remain at an ideal serving temperature without over-cooking.
[wpsm_button color=”green” size=”big” link=”http://amzn.to/2plYCLC” icon=”none” class=”” target=”_blank”]Click Here If You Are Interested In learning More About The Healthy Smart 3 Ceramic Pot Electric Stew Pot On Amazon[/wpsm_button]
Colcannon is cooked by only using potatoes, leek, cabbage or kale and butter. My mother cooks colcannon with sausages which really compliments each other and it,s so delicious!
- Peel 1 or 2 big potatoes and then fill the saucepan with water, put on an oven and leave it to boil until the potatoes are tender.
- Then take a tablespoon of butter and put into frying pan on an oven, leave it on until it melts
- Then put in chopped leak and leave to tender for 3 minutes
- Then add your chopped cabbage or kale into a saucepan until kale or cabbage is tender. leave it for another 3 minutes
- Then add a couple of pinches of salt
- Then pour a jug of cream into it (keep stirring and then turn off heat)
- Then go back to your potatoes and when it,s tender. drain the boiling water and put potatoes with the rest of the recipe from the saucepan into a bowl
- Mash potatoes with the rest of the recipe
That,s how it,s done, so simple and easy to do 🙂
Corn Beef and Cabbage
Corn beef and Cabbage is another delicious recipe for you and the family to enjoy. Ideal St Patrick’s day and for Sunday dinner if you still find it irresistible. This meal is for two or three people but adds more ingredients if you are catering for a family or friends.
- Put 4lb of corn beef brisket into a pot, filled with water and pour in it with the pint of beer (put tinfoil over the top of the pot to let it moist until it boils and bring down to a low heat and leave it on, no more than 4 hours)
- Then chop 2 carrots into smaller pieces and fill the saucepan with water with a pinch of salt to boil.
- Peel 1 or 2 big potatoes (chopped into chunky pieces)
- Then prep and cut cabbage into small pieces and put into 2nd saucepan with water to boil (bring cabbage to boil and low down the heat for about 20 minutes. Don,t over cook it)
- To make parsley sauce you put two chunks of butter into a 3rd saucepan until melted
- Then dice your onion and put it in with the butter
- Then add cream into onion and butter mixture
- Add a pinch of salt and black pepper
- In the meantime check if carrots and cabbage are tender. so take cabbage out and put into a cool clean container
- Now check the parsley sauce if it,s cooked right and then add chopped parsley
- Now fill a saucepan with cold water and put your potatoes in on high heat
- keep checking every so often on the potatoes and the sauce until it,s done while the beef is still cooking
Now you know how to cook corn beef and cabbage 🙂
The spice bag is a new phenomenon in Irish culture and it has been around since 2010. this is a cuisine but originated in Dublin and you can find this in fast food dotted all over Dublin. basically, it is a mixture of chips (french fries) chicken strips, onions, peppers amongst other things. Covered in hot spices all in a bag or a box But you can make your own.
- Preheat oven and then beat the egg in a bowl and then place the chicken strips into mix cumin, almonds and chili separately until they are fully coated and put into a tray on medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes
- Cut chips (french fries) with onions and peppers and cook with rosemary, sliced onion and coconut oil for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Now get yourself another bowl and mix your recipe in spices and wallah there you have it!
When I worked in a hotel. I learned how to make an Irish coffee and it was very popular amongst guests. This is how to make one. Now, these are all alcoholic drinks in case you’re warned!
- Before making the Irish coffee. you have to heat the glass (put a spoon in the glass before heating it up to prevents it from shattering) heating the glass keeps the coffee hot longer
- Now add a measure of whiskey
- Then add some coffee (if you’re doing it at home. coffee granules with hot water will do)
- Then add spoonful of brown sugar and stir (make sure there are no excess amount of coffee granules at the bottom)
- Now add some whipped cream into a bowl (don,t whisk the whipped cream too thick, have it thin so you can pour it in)
- Now turn a teaspoon upside down and pour the cream slowly over the back of the spoon so that it evens out on top of the coffee and not sink in
- And add a sprinkling of chocolate on top
That,s how you make your Irish coffee. So simple and easy to do!
Irish Coffee Mugs
The Etched Irish Coffee Mug & Recipe is perfect Irish coffee every time with these Irish coffee mugs! The beautiful glass mugs feature an etched recipe to provide you with the exact measurements to create the ideal Irish coffee each time! They are also embellished with small shamrocks and read “Irish Coffee” These footed coffee mugs are crafted from glass and hold approximately 10 fluid ounces. The glass coffee mugs are crafted by the Robert Emmet Company, a premier US-based manufacturer of Irish giftware. Finish off your evenings in the best way with these practical Irish coffee mugs. Slainte!
[wpsm_button color=”green” size=”big” link=”http://amzn.to/2G4xYAs” icon=”none” class=”” target=”_blank”]Click Here If You Are Interested In Learning More About The Irish Coffee Mug & Drink Recipe Clear Glass Set of 2 On Amazon[/wpsm_button]
Not a lot of people know about baby Guinness but guess what! there is no Guinness in it! it is only called by that name cause it looks like Guinness.
- Get yourself shot glass and fill the glass with Black Sambuca, 3/4 and Coffee liqueur (3 parts) most of the way up with it
- Now get a teaspoon like the Irish coffee turn it upside down and pour slowly bailey Irish cream over the back of the spoon so that it evens out on top of the Black Sambuca and Coffee liqueur and not to sink in
- There you go 🙂
Last and not least is the old favorite. a pint of Guinness, as the saying goes in Ireland. the Aul Black Stuff!
I raise a toast to you and I wish you a very Happy.
St Patrick’s Day
St Patrick’s Day Party Supplies – Turn Your Day Green
If you know how to decorate for a St. Patrick’s Day party, then the actual decorating can be almost as much fun as the party itself. If you are not sure just how you want your decorations to look, then with St Patrick’s Day Party Supplies. these tips and ideas will get you started
St Patrick’s Day Fun For Kids – Ideas You Need to Know!
Plаnning асtivitiеѕ fоr St. Pаtriсk’ѕ Day should be fun fоr еvеrуbоdу. Chооѕе activities thаt аrе аgе аррrорriаtе for thе аgе grоuр that you аrе еntеrtаining. Here in St Patrick’s Day Fun For Kids are some games. art crafts and food and drink ideas