4th July Cake Recipes
The 4th of July or Independence Day is a day steeped in rich traditions, parades, cities buildings and homes, decorated in blue, white and red, fireworks, baseball games and parties all over the place. A lot of Americans spend this day with friends and family members, playing games, visiting with each other, and most importantly eating great-all American foods.
4th of July is the best time to use your July cake recipe ideas. Here are some easy cake recipe ideas to use as your 4th of July cake this year at your barbeque party. 4th of July cake recipes are easy to make and fun to eat.
Here are some of the best and easy to prepare 4th of July cakes that will surely make your party colorful and more patriotic:
4th of July in a Jar Cake
This 4th of July cake recipe is easy to make. Your visitors and especially the young ones will surely enjoy eating this dessert.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Frozen raspberries
- Jell-O gelatin
- Unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. sugar and
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp fresh blueberries
- Fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup very cold heavy cream
- ½ cup very cold sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly coat twp loaf pans with cooking spray. Line loaf pans with parchment paper, but ensure to leave a three-inch overhang on the long sides, and then spray the paper.
- In a bowl, whip together the baking powder and flour. Using your blender pulse the milk, gelatin, and raspberry until smooth.
- Beat the butter and the sugar using your electric mixer until fluffy and light, about three minutes.
- Lessen the speed of the mixer to medium and beat in the eggs one at a time, then put the vanilla. Put the flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with the raspberry mixture and beat until mixed.
- Divide the batter between the 2 loaf pans about three cups each. Bake for one hour or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool for five minutes prior to transferring to a wire rack.
- In a bowl, mix the 1 tbsp water and the cornstarch. In a saucepan, bring ½ cup water, 1 ½ cup blueberries, and the remaining sugar. Let it boil for a 1 minute. Low the heat, and add the cornstarch mixture and simmer for about three minutes or until it thickened. Remove from the heat and put the lemon juice the blueberries. Set aside.
- Using your electric mixer, beat the sour cream and cream in a bowl for four minutes or until it forms stiff peaks.
- To assemble, slice one of the cakes into ½ inch cubes. Divide amongst 12 eight ounce jars. Drape and store the 2nd cake for another use. Put cream mixture about 3 tablespoons each. Add the blueberry sauce. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries and serve.
Brownie Flag Recipe
If you are looking for a 4th of July cake recipe which will stand out on the dessert table, the Brownie Flag Recipe is both beautiful and delicious.
Once baked and cooled, the cake is covered with a layer of white frosting. You can buy frosting at the nearest store or you can make on your own. Cream cheese frosting is a good choice.
The sliced strawberries and fresh blueberries are arranged to create a flag pattern. The space between the rows of strawberry is filled in by piping rows of cream frosting with the use of pastry bag. The combination of fresh fruit, cream frosting, and chocolate makes a festive and delicious party dessert.
To make brownie cake you need these ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 12 tbsp. butter
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup flours
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 containers white frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degree
- Line a medium pan with aluminum foil. Ensure it extends up the side so you’ll be able to lift the brownie out of the loaf pan. Spray with cooking spray.
- Melt butter, whisk cocoa powder and sugar
- Ensure mixture is not hot. Whisk in vanilla extract and eggs
- Stir in salt, baking powder, and flour
- Fold in choco-chips. Put batter into the pan. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes. Set aside and let it cool.
- Lift brownie out of the pan and put on a serving tray. Spread with a layer of frosting.
- Put the blueberries in rows in the top left corner then lay out strawberry slices in five rows.
- Put remaining frosting in a big pastry bag fitted with a big star tip. Pipe frosting between the rows of strawberries.
- Put inside the fridge until ready to serve.
Show your love to your country with this easy to prepare 4th of July cake recipe. The blue, white and red run inside and out, make this cake more enticing. Great for any occasion and also best to share with friends and guests.
- To make this cake you will need:
- 25-ounce white cake mix
- Egg whites, vegetable oil, and water
- Red and blue food color
- 12-ounce white frosting
- Red, blue and white sprinkles, optional
- Heat the oven. Generously grease and flour a pan set aside.
- Combine water, egg whites and oil to create a batter.
- Pour 1 cup of the batter into a bowl. Put red coloring and mix then another 1 cup of batter into another owl. Put in blue food coloring and mix.
- Transferred cake batter to the pan. Pour the white batter above red batter. Pour blue batter above white batter. When adding batter to the pan, avoid mixing with a spoon. Pour it so the colors don’t mix but rather simply rest on top of each other in the pan.
- Bake until a wooden stick inserted comes out clean. Meanwhile, put cooling rack above cookie sheet. Then turn it upside down on cooling rack. Let the cake cool for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Once the cake is cold, separate the frosting into three microwavable bowls. Microwave1 bowl of frosting until smooth to sprinkle over cake.
- Using your spoon drizzle the first bowl of microwave frosting all over the cake, from side to side in a striping pattern.
- Microwave the 2nd bowl of your frosting until it becomes smooth. Put in some drops of blue food color until mixed. Sprinkle over cake, spreading from side to side. Microwave the last bowl of your frosting and stir in some red food coloring, ensuring white, red and blue are noticeable on the cake. Shower with blue, white and red sprinkles. Allow the cake stand at room temp until frosting is set prior to serving.
4th of July is a very important day in the lives of American people. It must be celebrated. And one way to celebrate it is through preparing a cake with independence theme. Use your creativity in baking and really do it with style, because it’s definitely an occasion worth celebrating.
What to Do On The 4th Of July – Celebrating Your Independence Day
Thеу сеlеbrаtе thе fасt thаt they, as a nаtiоn, wаnt аll реорlе tо bе frее. And, rеаlizе thаt withоut thе соurаgе аnd brаvеrу of аll those that саmе bеfоrе. To celebrate the great occasion. we cover a rundown Of What to Do On The 4th Of July list from Cеlеbrаtе оn thе bеасh to Sсrееn аn оutdооr mоviе
4th of July Theme Ideas – Top 10 Themes to Get you Going
Hаving a 4th оf July celebration is nоt uniԛuе, but you can рlаn a thеmе tо mаkе it uniԛuе fоr уоu. Here in 4th of July Theme Ideas. We cover the Top 10 list from Bring reusable dishware аnd utеnѕilѕ to Uncle Sаm Thеmе.
4th of July Party Ideas – Top 7 Cool Ideas to Make Your Day Memorable
The 4th оf Julу iѕ an еxсiting hоlidау for many especially children, whо саn gеt underfoot in thеir еаgеrnеѕѕ tо run around and сеlеbrаtе July 4th. Here In The 4th of July Party Ideas. We cover from Red, Whitе аnd Bluе Pаrtу, 4th оf July Picnic Pаrtу and More
4th of July Crafts – To Commemorate Independence Day
The best way to decorate for celebrations without spending a lot is to make your own decorations out of crafts. This is something the whole family can do, From Patriotic Pebbles to Fireworks on Paper. We cover All in 4th of July Crafts